However, there are some unintended negative consequences to the Florida clean-up. See Florida's Pill Mill Crackdown Leads to Crime Elsewhere.
Meanwhile Tara Pihn's contribution, I Read the News Today Oh, Boy went viral.
· Web Visits to FloridaHealthIndustry.com up 48.4%
· Story picked up by Health News Florida
· Story read globally; in US, UK, Belgium, France, Thailand, India, Canada, Sweden & Switzerland
· The story was #1 in organic, Google search (Pill Mill + Alt Weeklies) the week of Oct 10th
· Two related video posts (posted by FHItv on You Tube) scored #3 and #13 respectively while the Health New Florida post garnered a #21 in an organic Google search October 11
There is increasing evidence that Pain Management Clinics are complying with, at least, the letter of the law. A review of advertisements and websites reveals that most are insisting on Florida State I.D.s from new patients. Most clinics have minimum age requirements and some even have Mission Statements posted to their sites. One clinic boasts that it contracts "a premier health care attorney, and a State of Florida Licensed Risk Manager to support and facilitate ongoing compliance."
Don't crack the bubbly yet. A quick check of the Pill Bill Barometer (the back pages of Broward/Palm Beach New Times) reveals 36 ads for pain management related services. This is the same count Tara got when she originally posted her story last month. And even more ominously, there is a new advertiser with this headline: TIRED OF FLORIDA HASSLES. The new sponsor is located in Tucker, GA.
Submit a READER RESPONSE for possible publication.